Tasks 1 and 2 of the IELTS Writing examinations each have a time limit of one hour. You must write at least 150 words for task 1 and 250 words for task 2, respectively. It's ideal to spend no more than 20 minutes on assignment 1 because task 2 has a greater score weight than task 1. This will give you enough time to finish task 2 before the deadline. Writing assessments will be graded based on a variety of criteria, such as vocabulary, grammar, word choice, and so forth. In this blog, we will discuss about recent IELTS essay topics.
The examiner will provide you with a topic for writing job 2 so that you can create an essay of at least 250 words. The types of essays and some IELTS writing task 2 essay themes you can use to practise are included below to aid in your preparation.
IELTS Essay Topics
Discussions (Discursive Essay – Discuss both views) writing task 2 topics
- Some individuals believe that parents should teach their kids how to behave well in social situations. Others, though, think that learning this should take place in a classroom. Talk about both points of view and share your own.
- According to some, the government shouldn't spend money on constructing theatres and sports arenas. Some contend that more money needs to be spent on healthcare and education. Discuss both points of view and provide your opinion.
- Violence-filled movies and video games are common. Some claim they harm society and ought to be outlawed, while others claim they are just harmless ways to unwind. Talk about all perspectives and offer your own viewpoint.
- Some people believe that people who relocate should embrace the local culture when they do so. Others believe they ought to live as a distinct minority group with a distinctive way of life. Give your thoughts on the two points of view.
- Cheap air travel, according to many, should be promoted because it allows regular people to go farther. Others, however, believe that since air travel causes environmental issues, it should be more expensive to deter people from using it. Talk about both points of view and share your own.
Opinion (Argumentative Essay – Agree or Disagree) writing task 2 topics
- Old building maintenance and repairs have cost far too much money. Therefore, we want to demolish outdated structures and erect brand-new ones. How much do you concur or disagree?
- According to studies, overeating is just as bad for you as smoking. As a result, food product advertisements ought to be prohibited in the same way that cigarette advertisements are in many other nations. How much do you concur or disagree?
- Some contend that since children benefit more from topics like arts, music, theatre, and creative writing, the school schedule should contain more of these disciplines. Whether you concur or disagree
- According to some, the government shouldn't spend money on constructing theatres and sports arenas. Instead, it ought to increase its spending on healthcare and education. Whether you concur or disagree
Advantages & Disadvantages writing task 2 topics
- Do you concur that the benefits autos offer outweigh the drawbacks?
- Some people believe that keeping animals in human-made cells is a good idea. What drawbacks are there to keeping animals in zoos?
- Thanks to advancements in transportation and communication technologies, people can now live and work wherever they wish. Are there more benefits than drawbacks to this development?