Skip to main content

Minority Mindset Community
Network with other Minority Mindset thinkers.

These days everybody says take advantage of the low-interest rate, but is it really an advantage if I want to pay off my mortgage in 10-15 years? in my situation, I have to take 100-150k more in mortgage to compete in the current housing market...

Also, the home prices have increased almost 20% ...  ... low-interest-rate increased buying capacity but in most cases not giving you an option to buy the house you like. So you will be paying a premium for average properties...

Please share your thoughts ...

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello @Viralkumar

I think it all depends on your current rate and what you are trying to accomplish for now or in the future. In my case, I refinanced 2 of my rental homes. 1 was 4.125 and the other was at 4.25. I was able to get them down to a rate of 2.875, dropping my payment down ~200 per home. Pretty much giving myself a raise of 400 monthly. I mainly did this to reduce my Debt to Income Ratio for when I plan on buying another home, I will be able to and not limited. However, I am still making the full payment even though, I can be saving the ~200 per home. I did not pull any money out when I refinanced to keep the payment low.

Personally, I would not buy at the moment with how people are paying up to an extra 40K above asking price. I rather wait some more and see if interest rates go up and people back out of buying. Also, with how a lot of people are getting free money, I would rather wait when that is all done and see if even more people back out of buying. If and when this happens and home prices take a dive, I would rather pay down the rate and get a house at a reasonable price.

I think there is a lot to this subject depending on your goals. I feel I did the right thing for now.

R

Except for the most competent do-it-yourself enthusiast, most roof repairs are best left to the professional roofing contractor, mostly due to the fact that repairing roofs can be quite dangerous.  Georgia roof repair Certain roof repairs can be quite expensive to have carried out, so it will therefore help to contact several roofing companies to get estimates on the potential repair costs.  Florida roof repair

K

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.