Skip to main content

Minority Mindset Community
Network with other Minority Mindset thinkers.

Reply to "What is your favorite hack to save money on taxes?"

You can get your taxes done for FREE  instead of paying a firm if you are a qualified taxpayer.

In Canada, there is the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).  Community organizations host free tax clinics where volunteers file tax returns for eligible people.  Guidelines in most provinces are for individuals earning up to $35K, a two person family up to $45K, and so on.   (see  details:

In the U.S., the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals.  Guidelines are for individuals earning up $57K.  (see details:

If you are in another country, do a google search to see if there are similar programs.